Monday, March 21, 2016

Filled Under:

Wombat Joey's Romp On Tasmania's Flinders Island A Hit On Facebook


A wombat joey named Derrick has caught the attention of thousands of social media users after he took a shine to a photographer on Tasmania's Flinders Island.

Sean Scott was working on the island when he was approached by the pint-sized animal.

"I met a lady who had Derrick and wanted to show me him, so I got a chance to have a bit of look at him," he said.

"I was down on the beach when I met him and he just popped out of the bag and followed me around."

The lady who approached Mr Scott with Derrick works with Kate Mooney, known as the wombat lady of Flinders Island for her work taking care of orphaned and injured marsupials.

Over more than a decade and a half, Ms Mooney has hand-raised more than 100 baby wombats which have been rescued from the pouches of road kill or otherwise orphaned....... Read More

0 comments:

Post a Comment